Even though our fur kids may not be able to partake in the Thanksgiving Day feast, we certainly don’t need to forget about treating them with a festive snack. Mixed with cranberries, pumpkin, oatmeal, and peanut butter, Fido won’t feel like he is missing out at all. Shout out to The Cottage Market for this creative recipe!
What You’ll Need
Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 cups
Pure Canned Pumpkin
2 large eggs
- Crack the two eggs into your mixing bowl and beat for about one minute. Add the packed pumpkin and then add the peanut butter. Beat until the mixture is creamy.
- Slowly add your flours and then add the dried cranberries until you get a thick dough. If the dough is a bit sticky just add more flour and if it is too dry add a little more peanut butter.
- Flour your work area and take the dough out of the bowl and put it on the floured surface. Roll the dough to approximately 1/4″ thickness and then make your treat shapes with your favorite cookie cutter! Gather the scraps and roll them out and start cutting out shapes till all the dough is used.
- Line two cookie trays with parchment paper and place the treats on. The treats can be close together since they do not rise.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- The treats will last in a well-sealed container for about ten days. If you know you are not going to use them, pack them up in freezer bags and place them in the freezer and just take them out as needed. They will last for six months in the freezer.
Do not substitute raisins for dried cranberries. Raisins (and grapes) are toxic to dogs.